Terms & Conditions
seniorleaguehockey.com and the software used in relation to seniorleaguehockey.com ("seniorleaguehockey.com") is an online games service operated and owned by CatGames Limited ("CatGames") to provide interactive online entertainment, leisure and recreation and sell merchandise relating to it ("Merchandise").
These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to all and any use of seniorleaguehockey.com and all and any postings, emails and other communications made to or using it or any services run by CatGames ("Submissions").
By using seniorleaguehockey.com you agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not accept these Terms you should not use seniorleaguehockey.com.
If you do not accept these Terms you should not make any Submissions.
CatGames may make alterations to these terms and conditions from time to time and these variations shall become effective immediately upon being accessible from www.seniorleaguehockey.com/sundayleague/terms.html
Third party websites with links from seniorleaguehockey.com have not been verified or reviewed by CatGames and use and access of such third party websites is made at your own risk.
The username and password issued to you is personal to you in order to facilitate your access to seniorleaguehockey.com and shall not be disclosed to any third party without CatGames's prior written consent.
All email communications and attachments thereto are intended only for the addressee and/or others authorised to receive them.
Intellectual Property Rights, Copyright and Trade Marks
You MAY download and use seniorleaguehockey.com for your private, non-commercial, personal use only, provided that you retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on seniorleaguehockey.com. You may not sub-licence or deal in this right without CatGames's prior written permission.
All copyright, design rights, database right, patents, and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefor ("Intellectual Property Rights") in seniorleaguehockey.com belong to and vest in CatGames, or are licensed to CatGames unless otherwise specified. All such rights of CatGames are hereby asserted and reserved.
No person other than the rightful owner or licensee of such Intellectual Property Rights may:
distribute, modify, transmit, re-use, re-post, or use any or all of seniorleaguehockey.com or the information contained therein for any purpose other than as set out above nor for public or commercial purposes without CatGames's or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to seniorleaguehockey.com without CatGames's prior written permission;
display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use seniorleaguehockey.com and the information contained therein for the benefit of any other website without CatGames's or the relevant licensee's prior written permission;
process or otherwise use the information contained on or within seniorleaguehockey.com for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly.
From time to time CatGames may ask for and / or you may choose to submit personal data to seniorleaguehockey.com or CatGames (including your email address and contact details) for purposes of identification, billing and marketing,
You agree and accept that this data may be used, stored and processed to improve the operation, administration and development of seniorleaguehockey.com and CatGames; to process orders and improve CatGames's service, as well as for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes but only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In particular, you agree that:
CatGames may use the information or parts of it to notify you about CatGames features and/or events or related activities that you may find useful;
From time to time CatGames may share this data with other reputable companies both within and outside the European Union who, together with CatGames or not, may use the information or parts of it to occasionally broadcast it or notify you about CatGames events or related activities that you may find useful.
If you do not want CatGames to collect or process your personal data, please do not submit it and if you have or you believe that we have data about you that is incorrect please write to CatGames at the address below and the information will be corrected as soon as possible or removed from our database as you request.
Chat Rooms, Discussion Forum, Messaging and all Submissions
CatGames is a mere conduit engaged in the business of providing an entertainment and information service and is engaged in the transmission, storage, retrieval, hosting, formatting or translation of third party communications without selection or alteration of the content of the communication.
You agree and accept that CatGames has no responsibility to review the content of the Submissions on seniorleaguehockey.com all of which are made available on the basis that CatGames shall not be required to exercise any control or judgement of the content or the material posted or contained therein.
The views expressed in any Submissions are the views of the individual contributors and not those of CatGames unless specified otherwise by CatGames.
In particular but without limitation to the above CatGames is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any Submissions. This includes any submission of usernames, team names, player names, manager names, or nicknames, or player images or personal information or any other Submissions.
CatGames gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within the Submissions or seniorleaguehockey.com and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
You agree and undertake that you will not post or transmit to, through or using seniorleaguehockey.com any statement, material or Submission that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability
- attacks, threatens or misleads the game or its community or its users in any way
- is technically harmful such as computer viruses, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
- is defamatory, libellous, untrue, discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory or racist material whatsoever.
CatGames has the absolute right to remove any submissions it deems unacceptable.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CatGames against all liability it may have in respect of and arising out of your use of the CatGames Services and your Submissions.
CatGames provides and maintains seniorleaguehockey.com for personal entertainment, on an "as is" basis
CatGames shall be liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care and gives no other warranty in connection with seniorleaguehockey.com.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, CatGames excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to CatGames and CatGames shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
any incorrect or inaccurate information on seniorleaguehockey.com and all interruptions to or delays in updating the service;
the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of seniorleaguehockey.com;
any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading seniorleaguehockey.com, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from
CatGames or its licensees
The availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which seniorleaguehockey.com link and web site located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit CatGames's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
CatGames shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of seniorleaguehockey.com upon your breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
CatGames will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Feedback, CatGames Limited.
CatGames acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
If CatGames does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, such part will at CatGames's option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and CatGames and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
Use of CatGames and these terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
It is hereby asserted that seniorleaguehockey.com is intended for and directed at the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether seniorleaguehockey.com complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.
If Merchandise is advertised for sale on seniorleaguehockey.com it is so that you may offer to purchase ("Order") for the price stated.
Orders are subject to these terms and conditions and will be confirmed by e-mail. Orders are deemed accepted when we send the confirmation e-mail.
We cannot guarantee that a particular item will always be available. You will not be charged for any Orders that cannot be fulfilled and where appropriate we will re-credit to your account any sum debited by us.
Orders may be processed online, or by phone, using a stated credit or debit card. seniorleaguehockey.com does not accept cash, cheque or money order.
All Order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the shipping address where they differ.
seniorleaguehockey.com may cancel any sale and not supply Merchandise if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of items at any time at its sole discretion.
Please return defective or damaged Merchandise to seniorleaguehockey.com for a full refund or replacement, whenever possible and reasonable.
If you are unhappy with any item of Merchandise please return it, with the dispatch note, unused, for a full refund within 7 working days (provided it has been returned in the condition in when delivered to you). No reason has to be given.
We will endeavour to deliver as soon as possible but you should wait 21 days for delivery. Please therefore Order with sufficient lead-time to prevent any loss or disappointment.
seniorleaguehockey.com is free to use and play, however additional features may be obtained to enhance your use and enjoyment of seniorleaguehockey.com.
Such features may be obtained using Credits which may be awarded for success in the use and playing of seniorleaguehockey.com or purchased by you.
Credits are advertised for sale on seniorleaguehockey.com so that you may offer to purchase ("Order") for the price stated in the manners described below.
You may obtain Credits by dialling a Premium Rate Phone Number charged at £1.50 per minute. Within one minute the caller will be given a unique PIN number which may be entered on seniorleaguehockey.com to give you 1500 Credits. The charge will appear on your monthly phone bill. All callers must ensure that they have the permission of the person who pays the phone bill before calling.
You may obtain Credits using your mobile phone by sending a SMS text message to a specified number. You will then receive SMS text messages charged from £85+VAT (£1.00), containing a unique PIN number which may be entered on seniorleaguehockey.com to give you from 600 Credits. The charge will appear on your monthly phone bill. All callers must ensure that they have the permission of the person who pays the phone bill before calling.
You may obtain Credits online using your credit card. 12,500 Credits may be purchased for £9.99. Charge appears on monthly credit card bill. Credit card Orders will be confirmed by e-mail and are deemed accepted when we send the confirmation e-mail. All Order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the shipping address where they differ.
You will not be charged for any Orders that cannot be fulfilled and where appropriate CatGames will re-credit to your account any sum debited by CatGames.
Orders are subject to these terms and conditions.
seniorleaguehockey.com does not accept cash, cheque or money order.
seniorleaguehockey.com may cancel any sale and not supply Credits if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of items at any time at its sole discretion.
You may cancel your Order of Credits at any time up to the end of the 7th working day after receiving them, except where you have taken advantage of or used the Credits. Once notified, CatGames shall, as soon as possible, re-credit your account with any sum debited by it from your credit card or use reasonable efforts to procure that the charge does not appear on your phone bill in respect of that
Credit and delete your credits from seniorleaguehockey.com.
seniorleaguehockey.com prize competition rules.
1. Competitions are open to registered users of seniorleaguehockey.com games. Only one entry per person is permitted except for the SundayLeague main game itself, where one bona fide entry per division is permitted.
2. Competitions are not open to any employees, contractors, or affiliates of Cat Games Ltd or seniorleaguehockey.com. Neither are they open to any person directly or indirectly involved with Cat Games websites or the running of the competition or their direct family members.
3. Entrants must supply full details as required and comply with all rules to be eligible. Cat Games Ltd accepts no responsibility for ineligible or fraudulent entries.
4. The deadline for all competition entries is the end of the seniorleaguehockey.com season, or as specified on individual competition entry/detail pages.
5. Winners must provide the following details: Full Name, E-Mail Address, Postal Address, contact Telephone Number within 30 days of confirmation of results.
6. Please check each prize on the prize page carefully as some prizes may not be offered to users in certain countries. For instance it is possible that only users in the UK might be eligible for certain prizes.
7. Where appropriate, winners will be contacted by telephone or email and prizes (where appropriate) will be mailed within 42 days of receipt of details to the postal address supplied. Alternatively, in some circumstances prizes can be collected from an agreed or otherwise specified address.
8. Winners must agree to their name being published and to be filmed and photographed for publicity.
9. Cat Games's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. When prizes are to be collected at a specified venue, each winner shall be responsible for their own accommodation and transport to and from venues or other locations where appropriate.
11. The prize is as stated on individual competition entry/detail pages, and if prizewinners cannot be contacted by telephone or do not reply to email contact as supplied within 7 days of the closing date of the competition, we reserve the right to offer the prize to an alternative winner.
12. Prizes at no time will be substituted for cash. However, the Editor does reserve the right to cancel the competition (if deemed necessary and in circumstances beyond their control) and to offer substitute prizes of comparable value. Cat Games Ltd will use every effort to notify winners of any changes in the prize.
13. Winning entries will be selected at random unless otherwise stated in individual competition entry/detail pages.
14. Cat Games Ltd accepts no responsibility for any: (a) late, lost, delayed, mis-directed, incomplete entries (b) any condition that is caused beyond the control of Cat Games Ltd such as disrupted connectivity, viruses or any other corruption of the system or postal loss. (c) Any injury, losses or damages sustained as a result of any invitation to receive a prize or any event that may be awarded as a prize, associated with a prize or to which access may be awarded as a prize, or acceptance of such an invitation or participation in such an event.
15. The date of any event such as a football match to which attendance is offered as a prize is subject to change.
16. Travel to any prize event is NOT included unless specifically outlined in the prize details. NB Prizes of match tickets and hospitality at games do NOT include Travel to the games.
17. Prizes are non-transferable.
18. Cat Games Ltd reserves the right to change these rules from time to time. If the user does not agree to the changes, then such users shall not be entitled to enter the competition.
19. Cat Games Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at its absolute discretion.
20. Entrants, by submitting their entry and details as set out in Clause 3, are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them.
21. This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
22. The competition is promoted by SundayLeague online games (Cat Games Ltd).
Rules of the Game
You may join Sunday League at any time if there is an available team.
When a player joins Sunday League, he or she is assigned the first available team in a 16-team division.
Players may manage no more than one team per division. Contravention
of this rule could lead to automatic disqualification from all
competitions and removal from the game
Players may not use foul, racist, abusive or offensive language in any part of Sunday League. Nor may they use submissions to damage the game or its community in any way. CatGames will be the sole judge of what is acceptable or not. Contravention of any of these rules could lead to automatic disqualification from all competitions and removal from the game.
If you are invited to join a division by a friend, your place will be reserved for two weeks. If you do not register within this period, your slot will no longer be reserved and may be assigned to someone else. Sunday League will warn you by email of this.
If you do not log in to manage your team for 40 days. You will be removed from the game. Sunday League will warn you by email well in advance if you are in danger of removal.
If you resign or are removed from Sunday League, you will lose all credits associated with your previous team. Payments for these credits will not be refunded.
If you decide to re-register, you will then be assigned a new team. You will not be able to reclaim any credits you may have had with your previous team or transfer any credits from one team to another.
It is not permitted to play friendlies or other matches against teams managed by yourself to gain points in the Friendly or other ranking tables. Friendly or other table points earned in games against teams managed by yourself, or teams which deliberately lose, will not be valid. Attempts to win points by playing yourself or arranging wins with other players is cheating, and could result in expulsion from the game.
Extreme cases of cheating and/or offensive behaviour will result in a lifetime ban.
In case of a tie in any competition, Sunday League will use the following tie-break methods in the following order -
o Goal Difference - highest wins
o Goals Scored - highest wins
o Fair Play - Lowest card points wins (3 points for a red card, 1 point for a yellow)
o Blind draw
Last Updated: March 17th, 2010